Firstly, the Activiti Modeler can be used to author BPMN 2.0-compliant processes graphically using a browser. Next, the Activiti Designer is an Eclipse plugin which allows you to model BPMN 2.0 processes from within your IDE-environment. It also has built-in support for Activiti-specific extensions that allow you to use the full potential of both the processes and the engine.
Alfresco Activiti provides a suite of user-friendly tools to model and deploy business processes:
• A Step Editor to guide business users through the creation of a new process model
• A BPMN Editor for dedicated BPM analysts to create powerful process models
• Drag and drop Forms Editor to capture business data easily
• A Forms Library to share and reuse forms across processes
• Flexible management of data and processes